Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Love is Love is Love is Love

Orlando is my hometown. A place where I spent formative years dancing in gay clubs. Places where my idea of what is possible expanded outside of the conservative suburb where I was raised. I can remember the freedom I felt when I walked into these places. It was acceptance on all levels and it was beautiful. The first time I ever saw drag queens and trannies and men kissing and my mind was blown and eyes were opened. The freedom, the beauty of a space that could exist for anyone to exercise a very true part of themselves and not be attacked or judged. It was BEAUTIFUL. I learned a lot in those years but one thing that always stands out is the love that existed in these spaces and communities. There was never an energy of judgment or otherness. There was just love. Let’s keep that going.