Monday, October 21, 2013

L-O-V-E

I've been thinking a lot about love lately.  Mostly because I've been really in the throes of it and it's making me think about the power of loving and being loved. 

I spent a lot of my younger days searching for love through destructive & ego based relationships. Working out my insecurities and issues with each new man that would come my way.  Luckily I learned a lot as I went and I grew and I got smarter and my intuition and my heart grew more discerning. I learned to honor my power, my heart, myself and I started raising the bar of the kind of people I let into my life. 

It seems when we make changes in our lives our paths shift, the universe responds and old cycles begin to dissolve. What a beautiful truth it is to know that we can shed skin and bloom new identities and from this spring new relationships.

The love I feel in my life now seems like a daily affirmation and reminder of the work I've done to dissolve the old model and rebuild. The friend, family and romantic relationships I have fill me with gratitude and they remind me to contintue to keep my heart open, to be soft and to keep working to be better.