Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year Gratitude.

With a new year comes a lot of reflection on the past, ideas & intentions for the future and realizations about what works in my life and what needs to change.  One thing that I plan to continue with frequency is my gratitude list. Nothing creates present moment happiness like being aware of all the beauty and goodness in my life. Right now. I was talking to one of my closest friends yesterday who told me she is doing this with her 2 year old daughter & I just thought that was brilliant- imagine if we were all raised to acknowledge our gratitude to the world around us? Heres a little start...

Today I'm grateful for:

1. Snowstorms! I love a snowstorm so much, the way it quiets the city and coats it in clean, fresh snow...I love the communal energy it brings pulling all of us together through it.

2. Calm mornings to focus & work. 

3. Cookbooks. I have become obsessed with cooking & baking and spend hours trolling through food blogs & cookbooks getting inspired for daily dinners and breakfasts.

4. A new year. I love a fresh symbolic restart. Whether a birthday or a new year I love the marker of time that makes me think about my life, the energy I put out & the energy I take in. Its a great way to mark change & progress and to start new. 

5. Organizing. I spent 9 hours cleaning and organizing my storage unit (my second home) yesterday and it was as emotionally cathartic as it was physically fulfulling. I once had a boss who said what you do is being done to you and I think with cleaning & orgazining it is especially true.

6. Butter & honey. Yep its true. I love these two ingredients, especially on a warm biscuit espcecially in the winter...add some hot tea & I'm like a 90 year granny in blisss.

7. Sweatpants. I know, my younger, hotter self would cringe but when I walk in the door to my apt I love nothing more than putting on sweatpants. Its winter- I choose comfort!





snow gathering in my skylight