Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Gratitude Wednesday

I've been working from home with my daughter the better part of this last week and its been a little nuts. Trying to prep for meetings while feeding/changing/bathing/entertaining an energetic toddler and then get out of the house with everything you need for an entire with baby under arm is T-R-I-C-K-Y! Here's some things I'm grateful for that help me get through it.

1.  Bouncy swing thingies. Without this contraption I would smell like the crazy bird lady in central park and have dreadlocks by now. It allows me the freedom to take a 10 minute shower and know that my little nugget cant get into too much.

2.  You Tube workout videos. I've been trying to get back into some kind of shape & this is often the only way I get it in- there's every possible type of exercise video you could dream of and all for free. 

3. Coconut oil. I've been eating a spoonful of raw coconut oil every morning (and brushing my teeth with it) and its been improving my skin, my immune system and my gums.  I could dedicate an entire blog post to this stuff its so useful. (Also works for diaper rash, cradle cap, moisturizer, hair conditioner, you get the idea). 

4.  Creative friends.  Sometimes there is nothing better than just spending some time around the good open energy of a dynamic friend. I love that I have so many people in my life who are always pushing forward and engaging with the world in beautiful ways. Its especially helpful when I'm feeling a little stuck & stale.

5. Parks. I've been walking a ton since schlepping a stroller down to the subway is a little tough at times and I really love all the weird and wonderful little parks I find along the way. They're perfect places for Vivienne to swing or stalk dogs while I catch up on emails.