Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Grateful Wednesday


This time of year makes me giddy. From about Halloween until New Years Day I have a spring in my step. I love everything about fall & the impending holidays. I love that it brings people together, gives us excuses to see each other and celebrate (usually over homemade meals & great cocktails) and fills me with gratitude. Here are a few things that I'm grateful for on this Thanksgiving eve:

1. My family. Crazy, loving, hilarious, supportive & unconditionally loving, I am always aware of how rare it is that I love and am actually best friends with the people in my family. 
2. My agent; aka my business partner, my confidant, my pusher, my support, my right hand. 
3. Work. I love it, I love what I do & the people I get to work with. 
4. Fall vegetables. I am loving the farmers market bounty right now of sun chokes, squashes & beets. I have been inspired to cook again.
5. Home. Its not a place I spend much time these days but after a lot of resistance I have come to really love the tiny little tree house I live in. We have decided to stay put for a while so we're renovating it a bit and trying to make it feel a little more sophisticated & functional.  At long last I appreciate the fact that its a calm, quiet respite from the frantic pace of the city. 



My brother & family meeting my daughter for the first time

My mom & my daughter

Quit possibly one of the best teams of any job I've ever worked on. Ass-kicking the whole time & smiling (almost) until the very end