Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Bumpy.


I have been pretty non-stop since I've gotten pregnant & much more relaxed about the entire endeavor (I've also had a pretty high stress load the last few months) and it hit me recently that I haven't really processed this experience.

Growing a human is nothing short of magic and at times I forget that. When I stop and consider that this growing bump inside me has a beating heart, ventricles that are able to pump blood, organs that work in rhythm and a perfectly aligned vertebrae it does feel like a miracle of nature.  Carrying a baby is like having a secret fort with your future child. No one else can get in and you get to create this magical world & relationship that is just the two of you. I find myself talking, humming and making ridiculous songs and sounds for my fort-mate. Sometimes she jiggles and kicks. Sometimes she doesn't. But regardless I'm quite sure that she always feels my presence. These little exchanges are like intuitive conversations.  I've also been relishing in the superpower I feel as a pregnant woman.  I feel my strongest and sexiest with this bump and all the extra bumps that come with it. I love watching my body morph like some Marvel comic heroine.  As fast as my life goes some days I want to harness these feelings and moments and taste each one before its over. I cannot wait to meet this little girl but I also can wait and savor these delicious times.