Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Well-mannered breakfast


When its 90 degrees outside there isn't much I crave first thing in the morning other than a cold shower and some air conditioning. Figuring out a healthy heat appropriate breakfast is challenging at times. I'm burned out on yogurt & granola so lately its smoothies that are getting me excited. I find smoothies a brilliant & easy way to get a ton of nutrients into your body with one easy sip! Let's face it, most of us are doing 13 things at once and don't have time for a proper sit down breakfast anyway. 

My favorite new mix is:

Banana, dates, avocado, kale & lime!

Some of my favorite add ins include: Spinach, bok choy, any frozen/fresh fruit you can find, almond butter, sesame seeds, hemp & chia seeds, yogurt, flax oil, raw cacao and coconut water. If you're squimish on the greens add some agave to get you into it, but trust me, you won't know there's anything green in there it will be so creamy & delicious!