Friday, June 7, 2013

Singin' in the rain

Its raining outside. Not just a little drizzle but R-A-I-N. She even has a name, Andrea. She's a tropical storm throwing a fit all up and down the east coast. When I woke up this morning I was bummed. We've have a good little batch of sun up in NYC and I was getting hopeful. I wanted to have a run by the water and put on my newly tailored vintage dress and jaunt around the city today. But Mother Nature had other plans. And I have to say, I've come to love today's weather. I had an errand packed day followed by a root canal (joy) but instead of cringing about umbrellas and soggy bags and leaky shoes I found myself delighting in observing snazzy umbrellas (clear is my new favorite) and fabulous trenchcoats and boots. Looks like rain sometimes brings out the best in people. 

At least it always did for Gene Kelly:



Enjoy the rain!