Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy Mondays

I talk to a lot of people in my line of work. In fact some days I talk so much that at the end of the day I don’t want to talk at all. And when I’m unwinding and thinking about the day and the conversations I’ve had I realize that often times I listen to people complain. And it got me thinking about the ways we humans communicate. I think more often than not we tend to bond on shared gossip & grievance. I’m no less guilty of this crime at times but I think things need to change. When is the last time you had a conversation with someone and exchanged nothing but niceties and pleasant observations? Spoke about a friend in common with praise rather than disdain? Gave an example of a wonderful experience you’ve just had or a difficult day that you grew from? I think its high time we all learned to do this. Let’s be honest, there’s enough stuff in this world to bring us all down to the ground if we let it. I think we need to spread some positivity & optimism. I think its irresponsible not to. We owe it to ourselves and each other, to the future and to the higher level of consciousness of which many of us aspire.