Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Last days of Summer

For most people this past week has signaled the return to school, the end of summer Fridays and well, Fall. But for me these past few days have been the final (and longed for) frolic at the beach. My boyfriend and I have been working so much this summer we've barely had a moment together, let alone a moment when we weren't discussing logistics and then running out the door.

On Monday my incredibly generous & lovely friend Jean Marc Houmard (owner of the legendary Indochine & Acme) lent us his Fire Island summer house. To try to explain this effortless chic & uber stylish tree house by the beach would be pointless, I'll let the photos speak for themselves. Suffice to say, Jean Marc has style in spades and has mastered the art of creating a warm inviting space that at once puts you at ease while simultaneously inspiring the senses. I guess if you've ever been to his restaurants you probably know that by now.

Needless to say, we had a blast. I haven't stopped smiling and I had no idea just a mere 48 hours away could produce such a state of peace. (thank you, Jean Marc) and thank you to my agent Annie too who made a deadline flexible so we could have a little summer this summer.