Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Gratitude Wednesday

I've been away for almost 8 weeks and out of my weekly schedule of writing these but its interesting how it still pushes me to think about the things i'm grateful for in my life almost daily. Today here are a few of the things that I am feeling gratitude for.

1.  A warm day in the middle of this arctic blast. Today was almost 35 degrees. Sweltering given the fact that most days have been in the teens. The snow and ice are melting and I can wear one less layer today.
2. My daughter has just started on solids (real solids, not the intro to baby food at 6 months solids) and its so exciting to feed her and watch her engage with textures and flavors. So far she seems to love coconut curry, kale and hummus.
3. My boyfriend and I have been working non-stop on renovating/updating/redesigning our tiny apartment. Its been a slow labor of love over the past few months and it is really coming together. It's been a really fascinating study in interior styling for me- learning how to balance a sense of peace, openness and minimal chic all in one little room. When its finished it will get its own post!
4. Sunchokes. I have become completely obsessed with this strange little veggie lately. I've been eating them like they're potato chips (or french fries, depending on my mood).
5. New York City. After being gone for the past few weeks I have fallen in love all over again with my city. I never feel as good as when I'm here, its my home, my muse, my happy place.