Thursday, August 29, 2013

Grateful Wednesdays


On this rainy & hectic Wednesday here are a few things I'm feeling gratitude for:

1. My best friends daughter was really ill this past week and she has turned the corner and is recovering like the sassy champ she is & will be going home tomorrow. Thank you God, Universe & modern medicine. 

2. My other best friend is heading here right now and I get to have a few hours to catch up and see her. I cannot wait. 

3. Hats.  My hair has been a real wreck lately. You know those days when you're sure you leave the house looking cute and then you catch yourself in a mirror hours later to realize you look like you put your head in the blender? Yep, that's been me. 

4. Finding local artisans and craftspeople who make the garment industry survive in New York. It's a dwindling market and so few of these production houses exist. In the midst of working on some personal projects I've found some of these vestiges of the business and they are the gems of the garment industry. 

5. Positive people. They rock. And it really takes power and courage to be a strong positive person. I'm collaborating with some great energetic people these days and it is such a pleasure to work hard with these kindred spirits.